25 Fun Facts About Japan
Share this post for good karma 😊
Japan is a land of wonders and surprises at every step which is well known for its politeness and good manners. Not only that, but Japanese culture also includes efficiency. Japan is a busy country but is well organized. Being one of the most advanced (in terms of technology) countries in the world, Japan also offers an ancient outlook to tourists, especially their religious sites.
Here is a list of 25 Fun Facts About Japan that you probably didn’t know about.
1. Japan consists of over 6000 Islands.
2. Japan suffers from 1500 earthquakes every year.
3. Most streets in Japan have no name.
4. There have been more than 200 flavors of Kit Kats sold in Japan in the past 15 years.
5. Tokyo means Eastern Capital.
6. Godzilla is an official citizen of Japan.
7. Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world.
8. In Japan, the leading cause of death for men aged 20 to 45 is suicide.
9. In Japan, tipping a server is considered rude.
10. In Japan, there are more pets than people.
11. About 24 million chopsticks are used in Japan each year.
12. In Japan, KFC is a typical feast on Christmas Eve.
13. Karate was invented in Japan.
14. QR Code was invented in Japan.
15. Anime was invented in Japan.
16. The calculator was invented in Japan.
17. Over 65000 Japanese people are 100 years of age or older.
18. Many mobile phones in Japan are waterproof because young girls are so fond of their phones they even use them in the shower.
19. Japan’s Okinawa Island has more than 450 people living above the age of 100 and is known as the healthiest place on Earth.
20. Japanese people don’t have middle names.
21. Old Japanese temples were made without any nails or screws. Instead, they were constructed with interlocking pieces like a puzzle.
22. Hollywood actor Bradley Cooper begged his father to send him Japan until he was 21, so he could train to become a Ninja.
23. It is now illegal to be overweight/fat in Japan. That’s the law!
24. More than 85% of the listened music in Japan is made up of Anime original soundtracks.
25. Japan has 5.52 million vending machines.