9 Coffees to Drink while Travelling in Italy
Share this post for good karma 😊
- Espresso: 3 oz shot of espresso in a demitasse porcelain cup.
- Doppio: “Double”, or two shots of espresso.
- Americano: A “long” espresso that has twice as much water.
- Ristretto: A “reduced” espresso that uses half the amount of water.
- Macchiato: Espresso that is “marked” with a splash of milk or milk foam.
- Cappuccino: Espresso with equal parts steamed milk and topped with foamed milk.
- Latte: A large cup of milk, marked with a shot of espresso.
- Corretto: Espresso that is “corrected” with liquor such as Grappa or Cognac.
- Shakerato: Espresso shaken with ice cubes with simple syrup, often served in a cocktail glass.