16 Interesting Facts about Dreams
Share this post for good karma 😊
1. You cannot snore and dream at the same time.
2. The average person has about 1,460 dreams a year.
3. Most of us dream every 90 minutes.
4. The longest dreams (30-45 minutes) occur in the morning.
5. Dreams of losing teeth or having teeth extracted can signify many things, including fears of helplessness or of some sort of loss in one’s life.
6. Dream of dirty, water may signal that the unconscious mind is telling the dreamer he or she is not healthy.
7. Finding oneself in a cemetery during a dream may indicate sadness or unresolved grief.
8. Chocolate in a dream may symbolize that the dreamer feels the need to be rewarded and deserves special treatment.
9. Cakes in dreams can signify a time to rejoice at one’s accomplishments or to celebrate new relationships or work efforts that have been successful but not necessarily acknowledged.
10. Standing on a cliff in a dream can represent that one has a broad view of something or that the dreamer feels like he or she is living on the edge or is afraid of failure.
11. Large bodies of water often symbolize the unconscious, so dreams of drowning may indicate being overwhelmed by the unconscious, repressed issues. Drowning can also symbolize that the dreamer is entering a new stage of development and that the old self is “dying”.
12. Colors in dreams can be interpreted only in the context of the dreamer’s relationship with that color. For example, the color red may be experienced as love or sex for one person-but for someone else, red may denote blood or destruction.
13. Feet in dreams can symbolize everything from sex to humiliation, they can also represent mobility, freedom, or a foundation.
14. A house in a dream is often a symbol of our body, so a mansion in a dream can represent a “rich” or even exaggerated sense of self. A mansion might also represent our future potential.
15. Forests, like water, are often a symbol of the unconscious. Traveling into a forest indicates the exploration of the unconscious realm or represents a confronting refuge from the demands of everyday life.
16. Being naked in a dream suggests exposure of self to others, vulnerability, or feeling ashamed. Alternatively, it can also represent a desire for freedom of being unencumbered.