Located just 3km from the heart of the Panjim, Miramar is the beach area of the Goan capital of Panjim also known as Panaji. It is one of the most visited beaches in the Panjim by the locals where it is one of the two only beaches in Panjim, the other being Caranzalem beach.
Miramar Beach offers lovely views of the sea ahead as well as of Fort Aguada which is one of the most popular forts in Goa which lies across the river from the beach. This beach is very easily accessible by the tourists as well as the locals if they wish to visit here.
Earlier, this beach was named Porta de Gaspar Dias by the Portuguese but today it is called Miramar beach. It is a small beach that occasionally hosts some events.
Also, this beach is very clean, filled with soft sand which is quite a destination for evening walks and early morning strolls where the beautiful views spread out in front of you. This beach attracts both families and young people, each looking to enjoy themselves to the fullest by creating unforgettable memories.
When to Visit?
One can visit this beach any time of the year but one should definitely avoid visiting during the monsoon season as in Goa it rains 24/7 during monsoon which is from May – September (sometimes it’s unpredictable) You can visit the beach for sunbathing or leisure but avoid swimming and any other kind of water sports.
How to Reach?
By Bus: To visit Miramar Beach first you have to reach Panjim Bus Stand and from there you can take Panjim to Miramar Bus which will cost you Rs 10/ person. You can access Miramar Bus from Panjim Bus Stand only if you want to visit Miramar Beach from any part of Goa.
(Note – Try to return back before 7:30 pm to your hotel because after 8 pm buses are not available.)
By Bike: When you are in Goa and plan to visit Miramar Beach then you can hire 2 wheelers from Panjim Bus Stand which will cost you around 200-300 INR then you can enjoy your bike ride.
1. From Panjim Bus Stand head north-west towards Ponda – Panaji Road which is 1 min (230 m) from the bus stand.
2. Turn left onto Ponda – Panaji Road (180 m)
3. Slight right at Venus Optics onto MG Road – Pass by House of Wines on the left (86 m)
4. Turn left towards Avenida Dom Joao de Castro (110 m)
5. Turn left onto Avenida Dom Joao de Castro – Pass by River Cruise on the right (900 m)
6. At Arun A. Naik Advocate, continue onto Dayanand Bandodkar Marg – Go past the petrol station on the left (3.1 km)
7. At Miramar Cir, take the 2nd exit onto Dr. Jack de Sequeira Rd – Pass by Cafe Coffee Day on the left (250 m)
8. Make a U-turn (160 m)
9. You have reached your destination, YAYYYYY!