How to create a webinar? A Step by Step Guide
Share this post for good karma 😊
Are you looking to create a webinar in the near future?
Over the last few years, there have been hundreds if not thousands of webinars that have popped up all across the Internet. This is been somewhat of a revolution in regard to new ways to deliver content and information.
Creating a webinar is something that you should take seriously if you’re going to do it at all. You want to be creative and use plenty of multimedia. Of course, you also want to make your point or main theme crystal clear. Done right, a webinar is a masterful piece of selling or communications art.
So, like all creative minds, you have to do heavy planning before you host your webinar. Come up with possible speakers or co-presenters; a general format; “events” such as flash media or a soundtrack; a registration and promotion process; a budget; and objectives of the webinar that you can later use to review it and determine how successful it was and how you could improve future webinars.
But, now the question is what elements do can anyone find exactly in a great webinar? So, here are some qualities that can be found in virtually all successful webinars.
- Focus on the problems of their customers: Webinars that have taken the time to think about the issues that keep their customers up at night seem to be the most effective. Most importantly, they have found some potential solutions.
- Generate relationships and actions with customers: The goal of any conversation with a customer should be to educate and inspire, and your desire should be to become their resource and educator. A common problem with many webinars is that they fail to describe what actions they want their customers to take. This should be crystal clear very early in the game.
- Provide focused information: Are we not getting sick and tired of all this generalized content available on the Internet? Remember this, whenever people have issues and are looking for solutions, they are not seeking a general answer. They are looking for specific answers and you should be providing it to them.
- Use a simple webinar registration form: Don’t make this decision cumbersome for your potential customers. If you are generating leads, then ask for the name and email and nothing else. There is no reason to seek any other information at this point. Make it easy for them. You can always request other data later if you wish.
- Layout your webinar story first: Fight the urge to start cranking out bullet points before you have your story and strategy written. Write your outline first and look closely at the big picture. From this point, you will want to boil it down to your bullets. Keep the fluff to a minimum. Never forget that everyone is fighting information overload these days. Provide lots of useful information in a short time period and they will love you
- Show and don’t tell. This is a popular mantra among popular fiction writers because it works. It is always a good idea to use graphs, charts, and images whenever it is appropriate. Use case studies to demonstrate your point. These are much more compelling than simply telling them what to do.
It is very easy to learn how to create a Webinar which I am going to tell you in a few simple steps.
Here are 7 easy steps for how to record webinars:
- Plan the material you want to present. Remember you want to focus on educating, not selling.
- Develop your call to action for the end. You must have a result you are after – even if it is as simple as commenting on a blog post. But of course, sales with bonuses attached are more common. And it is important to include a bit of scarcity too.
- Create a PowerPoint with your material and call to action. Know exactly what you are going to say. Using a script is helpful.
- Record the PowerPoint and your voice explaining each slide with a screen capture software program. Use a natural voice – like you are talking to someone across the kitchen table.
- Edit the video and connect the segments. Use any video editing software. You can use Openshot or Shotcut if you’re looking for a free video editing software.
- Join a webinar platform like AnytimeMeeting which is a free platform.
- Schedule and host your first of thousands of webinars to help you get your message out there.
Make Killer Webinars Even If You’ve Never Done Them Before by getting instant access below:
You have an important message to share and webinars are the way to expand your reach. Now you are empowered to record your first webinar so don’t delay.
Comment & Share
That’s it – hope you enjoyed the article!
If you liked it, I would really appreciate it if you can share it using one of the social sharing icons above.
Also, leave me a comment and let me know what you thought – I love talking to the readers, so hopefully will talk to you in the comments below.
- How to Start with a Blog?
- How to Drive Unlimited Free Traffic to Your Blog
- How Much Money Can You Make With Google Adsense?