Top 7 Mouth-Watering Spicy Food of Bihar
Share this post for good karma 😊
Bihar’s delicious mouth-watering food is eaten mainly in Bihar, Jharkhand, Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius, South Africa, Fiji, some cities of Pakistan, Guyana, Trinidad, and Tobago, and Jamaica where people originating from the state of Bihar is present.
So, if you have a friend’s from Bihar in your friend circle then you should definitely try these mouth-watering spicy food. I don’t like sweets at all so I am mentioning some spicy food to taste and one sweet to try when you visit your Bihari friend’s house or Bihar.
So, below are the top 7 mouth-watering spicy food of Bihar that you should MUST-TRY.
1. Aaloo Bhujiya Sabjee (Potato Stir Fry): Raw potatoes are chopped like french fries and fried in oil with onion, cumin seeds, green chili, salt, and turmeric powder, you can have it with rice-daal or with paratha. If you will taste once then you will feel like having it again and again. So delicious it tastes.
2. Litti Chokha: The lip-smacking taste of Litti Chokha is made up of wheat and sattu (roasted black gram powder) with spices, kneaded into round spicy balls, dipped in ghee. The texture of Litti along with the crunchy crust makes it a foodie’s delight whereas Chokha is prepared by mashing boiled vegetables (most common being potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes), adding spices and chopped onion, garlic etc and served with Litti as a complimentary delicacy.
3. Chiwda Fry (Fried Beaten Rice): Same as Aaloo Bhujiya Sabjee Chiwda Fry is fried in oil with a lot of onions, green chili, cumin seeds, and some curry leaves. Also, if you want then you can add groundnuts and mixtures to it and have it with a cup of tea as an evening snack.
4. Pawral Bhartaa (Stuffed Pointed Gourd): It is made up of boiled pointed gourd by adding onion, ginger, garlic, coriander, salt, and uncooked mustard oil to the boiled parwal for stuffing. You can have it along with rice-daal and vegetable, it tastes very yummy and spicy.
5. Stuffed Daal Paratha: Stuffed fried daal powder inside with all spicy ingredients, this is a mouth-watering food to have it with kheer. But you can also try eating by dipping it into tea. You should try it as it tastes awesome.
6. Aaloo Chop: One of my favorite dishes from Bihar is Aaloo Chop, it’s made up of boiled mashed potatoes, mixed with all kind of spices then fried in oil, you can have it with bhooja (a mixture of roasted black gram, roasted beaten rice and roasted groundnut). Whenever I visit Bihar first thing I ask for is non-other than my favorite Aaloo Chop as an evening snack.
7. Lai (Puffed Rice Balls): Puffed Rice is made during the occasion of “Makkar-Sankranti”. This is the one sweet dish you should try of Bihar.