26 Fun Facts About China
Share this post for good karma 😊
China is considered to be the oldest civilization with some historians marking 6000 BC as the beginning of the Chinese civilization which is a populous nation in East Asia whose vast landscape encompasses grassland, desert, mountains, lakes, rivers, and more than 14,000 km of coastline.
Here is a list of Fun Facts About China that you probably didn’t know about.
1. China is the world’s most populous country.
2. China is the 3rd largest country by area land.
3. China has the world’s largest standing army with over 2.3 million men.
4. The Chinese New Year celebration lasts for 15 days.
5. China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year.
6. The word “Censorship” is censored in China.
7. The Forbidden City, a palace complex in Beijing, contains about 9,000 rooms.
8. Half of all the world’s pigs live in China.
9. China is the world’s largest exporter and second-largest importer of goods.
10. In China, you can major in BRA studies.
11. Every 5 days a new skyscraper is built in China.
12. China has treatment camps for internet addicts.
13. Facebook has 95 million users in China despite being blocked.
14. Rich people in China hire body doubles to serve their prison sentences.
15. Chinese students can get 7 years of jail for cheating in exams.
16. Air pollution in China increases snowfall in California, USA.
17. All Pandas in the world are on loan from China.
18. China is the world’s largest consumer of red wine.
19. The first recorded use of Marijuana was in China over 4700 years ago.
20. Paper was invented in China in 200 BC.
21. Printing was invented in China in 660 AD.
22. The compass was invented in China.
23. Huawei is a Chinese company.
24. The 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing were hosted by China. The 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing were the most expensive in history. They were estimated to cost $40 billion.
25. Stamp collecting is the number one hobby in China.
26. For the Chinese, red symbolizes happiness and is used at Chinese festivals and many other celebrations, such as birthdays and weddings.